Travel to State

You will travel to your child's state when it is time for the birth parent(s) to sign entrustments and place the child in your care. You will need to remain in your child's state until approved to return to Virginia through the ICPC office. Once approved, you are permitted to return to Virginia with your child. 

Please visit the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC) website for more information.